Passing gas while running can be a very embarrassing thing. According to a recent survey for the CharcoCaps brand of anti-gas products, 8% of adults find it very uncomfortable and awkward to pass gas while exercising. It seems to be something that everybody worries lots about, despite the fact that farting is a natural process and we all do it on a daily basis.
If you run regularly, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that farting can be unexpected and very embarrassing, especially if you are running with a partner or among other runners. Don’t be judgmental and beat up yourself about it. Passing gas is a natural process and must not regard it as a bad thing. Here a few facts you need to know:
Facts about passing gas:
– The average person passes gas 14 times or more a day.
– Women and men have the same daily farting rates.
– The fart sound is caused by vibrations on your anal opening.
– Holding your gas won’t make it go away. It will come out sooner or later.
– The tendency to pass gas when exercising is far greater than when the body is at rest.
Causes of gas passing
There are mainly 2 causes to this natural phenomenon:
– Swallowing air while eating: Everybody swallows tiny quantity of air while eating or ingesting drinks. Nonetheless, speeding through the meals and the drinks will cause some individuals to swallow in more air.
– Breakdown of undigested foods: due to a shortage of certain enzymes that enhance digestion-your body may not be able to digest and process some carbohydrates and higher fiber found in many daily foods.
Therefore, the undigested foods produce hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane (which are the building blocks of gas!) through a complex process that takes places inside of the intestines. As a result, your body will have excess gas to deal with. And some foods are more likely to produce excess gas than others.
What to do about it!
Well, there is a variety of thing you can do to tackle this simple natural condition. Here are a few guidelines you need to follow:
– First of all, you should cut back on foods that cause excessive gas-especially in the 3 or 4 hours prior to the workout. The list includes sugar-rich foods-also known as simple carbohydrates.You should also avoid higher fiber foods such as at bran, beans, peas, and most fruits.
– Drink plenty of water and keep your body well hydrated throughout the day. Water is an essential part of the digestion process.
– Aim to reduce the amount of the swallowed air during eating. This can be easily done by developing some healthy eating habits; everyone can benefit from this.
Pay Close Attention To This:
There’s no reason you should be embarrassed about Weight loss or the belly fat. Just Click http://runnersblueprint.com/weightlossrunning.html and grab your F-R-E-E copy of “Weight Loss By Running” 30 pages special report. This is a limited offer so hurry up!
Inside this FREE report you will learn exactly what to do to Lose 19 Pounds or more in less than 3 months! Join the hundreds we have already helped and visit us now.
From David Dack – Running Author and Enthusiast
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/David_Dack/650900
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5176183
33% Off Training Peaks Discount Code
Signup to receive an ALL-INCLUSIVE 33% off discount code for any Endurance Hour training program purchase on Training Peaks. Enter your email address below and we'll show you the code right now! Happy training, racing or recovery!