Swimming is a fun activity, but it is more enjoyable when you have the right swim gear on. Swim goggles are some of the items you will find helpful to you during swimming. They are helpful indoors and in low light to offer great visibility. With the goggles, you will have an easy time seeing clearly under water and this in itself enhances enjoyment all through the activity. It is a benefit that can actually enhance the performance of a competitive swimmer since keeping track of other swimmers is made easy.
The other importance of wearing swim goggles during the swim is that they keep the eyes well protected from chemicals in the pool water that could be harsh. Chlorine is usually used to keep the pool water clean, but it is also a chemical that can cause eye irritation or the breakdown of eye tissue over time. With the right fit therefore, you will manage to keep your eyes protected from such chemicals. They can also offer protection from UV rays in outdoor swimming when they come tinted.
Features of Good Swim Goggles
- A profile with a watertight seal is one good feature to look out for. Goggles that leak water will still end up letting water up into eyes; hence you will not be enjoying any kind of protection. The leak can also make swimming difficult for you as a result of distraction.
- Comfortable soft and hypoallergenic material makes a feature that cannot be ignored. This kind of material will not only give you the right comfortable fit but will also keep the chances of allergic reactions at bay. Always go for a material favoring you in every way when buying your swim goggles.
- Lens coating that is anti-fog and scratch resistant should give you added benefits with your goggles. This kind of coating will make your goggles most functional regardless of the weather conditions and will also keep them looking as good as new for a long period of time.
- Easy buckle adjust system is another great feature of good swim goggles. The system will give you an easy time getting the right fit over the head to keep the goggles in place and comfortable enough for you. The buckle system should give you an easy time making simple adjustments even when you are wearing the goggles.
- A comfortable and secure nose bridge should not be forgotten. This is an area that is easy to irritate considering that the goggles sit on it throughout a swimming session. You therefore want to make sure you remain comfortable and with the right fit by looking at the comfort levels of the nose bridge.
Details on How To Swim Faster in 30 Days, 2.0 – click here (more than 40+ videos)
There are so many swim goggle options in the market today and considering that they are affordable swim items, the best you can do is ensure that you get the right sizes and those that are most comfortable to give you a good time swimming. It is advisable to test the goggles before purchasing just to be sure of the fit and comfort.
JOIN THE 3030 ACCOUNTABILITY CLUB
Does the following sound like you?
- Need motivation, support, and guidance in your pursuit of fitness
- Looking to get in-shape for an upcoming event or activity?
- Unsure of how to get started and what to do?
With a combined 50+ years of experience Weight Training, Ironman Triathlon racing, Bodybuilding, and One-on-One Coaching, the Endurance Hour Team of Dave Erickson and Wendy Mader can help!
We will send you a new 30 minute workout everyday for the next 30 days to your phone via video/text message (6 Days On, 1 Day Off: Active Recovery)
Here's how it works. You'll first get a personalized video the day before your workout followed by a text version. If applicable, you'll also get a private video link to demonstrations on how to perform each exercise.
Your job is to complete the workout and then text us back photo-proof in the form of watch data, sweaty selfie, equipment display, etc. Your choice. That's it.
It's a daily accountability support system designed to boost your fitness goals, habits and lifestyle. You can do this and we can help!
Choose between two options:
Strength and Conditioning
Equipment: Dumbbells and/or Body Weight
Strictly Cardio (4 Plans)
Run Only, Bike Only, Swim Only or bike/run combo
All Bike and Run Workouts are Based on Your Rate of Perceived Exertion.
Membership is only $59 - All Sessions Begin the First of Every Month - Limited to 20 New Athletes Each Month - Signup Early!